Gettin on with the life God intended!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Well life is certainly most interesting these days, what with all the construction going on in the center and with all the uncertainty I seem to be feeling about the activities that will be going on this semester. Anyways its been quite a morning somewhat stressful but for the most part just another day at work. I was watching the coon twins as usuall this morning when Russell just seemed to freak out on me. I mean I had never seem him quite like he was this morning, he started to run around screeming for his mom for no reason. Walker, Russell, and I were sitting down putting a train track together and then all the sudden he started to do the running around and screeming. It was like he had lost his mind the poor child. He had been fine for the first three hours and then for thirty minutes he acted like that, finally I began to make their lunch at ten til noon and looked up and Russell had stopped screaming and went to his room, got in bed, and went to sleep. Actually it kind of freaked me out. He went to bed though without me saying anything to him and without even eating lunch. I was so starteled by his behavior that I checked on him every few minutes for the next fourty-five minutes. I didnt know what to do so I just let him go on to bed and tried to prevent him from screaming by talking to him as if he were a 'big kid' telling him that big kids do not throw temper tantrums and have fits. Russell is four and I dont expect him to understand everything but I do expect him to behave like his parents would have him behave. Both Walker and Russell are great kids but today Russell just seemed to have an off day and hopefully since I am babysitting them for the rest of the week, Russell will have much better days. Even as an adult I have bad days where I know that I act strangely out of the norm or at least out of the norm for me but as an adult I know that God has given me the ability to reason through the off days that I may have every now and then. God has also blessed me with the ability to overcome the urge to have a fit when things seem to go wrong and I am greatly thankful for that. I guess that is the difference between children and adults, the ability to reason and the strength that God blesses us with each and every day to overcome the obstactles and the upsets of everyday life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home