Gettin on with the life God intended!

Friday, August 11, 2006

Tonight is my first night back in the student center and I am just so thankful that God has enabled me to make it through the summer. He has gotten me through one of the longest summers ever. I have studied and worked all summer and am thankful for the last week of rest that he has blessed me with. So tonight I babysat and well the kids were for the most part good kids, but man they were a hand full. I had them for about four hours, twin five year olds one boy one girl, their older brother who is seven, and a six year old boy. We played game after game, inside and outside, did you know that even after seven at night its still like 100 plus degrees outside, I discovered that tonight. We played hide 'n' go seek, musical chairs, tag, sardines, ships 'n' sailors, simon says, red light green light, volley ball, pirates, plus many other various games where each person had to pick their favorite super hero and run around insanely acting like that hero. I will say this I love kids but wow they ran me till I could no longer stand. I am sore from head to toe, I have only been watching young kids in fact the oldest I watch at least once a week just turned four on the first of this month. Even now as I continue to write I am actually pausing after every sentence so that my brain can catch up because I am just so exhausted. I have to say though God has most definately made babysitting on average a great job for me, he has blessed me with wonderful parents that I work with and wonderful kids that I watch. There has only been one or two kids that I have gone home wishing that I had not watched. Anyways I am going to finish up with this thought, God has blessed me in so many ways and though I am tired and weary from my job tonight I know that things could be worse and for others they are worse, I just thank God every day for that life that I live.

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

You had an *exhausting* evening.

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home